~ MamakTalk ~: Paradise Garden Resort Hotel & Convention Center Boracay

2015年4月30日 星期四

Paradise Garden Resort Hotel & Convention Center Boracay



It took three hours – by bus, boat and car – to get from Kalibo airport to the Paradise Garden Resort Hotel in Boracay. So, when I finally caught a glimpse of my resort, I was more than ready to be checked-in. Fortunately, the front desk staff was prompt and the whole process was completed within minutes of stepping into the lobby. As I was ushered to my room, hotel employees took time off their duties to wish me a good day. Some even made small talk, alleviating the boredom that often comes with travelling solo.

Words: Stuart Danker 

From The Magazine,Sleep Inns,Expedia Hotels,Hotel Reviews,Travel 3Sixty,AirAsia,Inflight Magazine,Expedia Hotel,Philippines,Boracay,Boracay Island,Paradise Garden Resort Hotel & Convention Center Boracay

          I was boarded in one of the Summer Houses, which, according to the friendly team at the reception desk, held the cosy comforts of home instead of a generic hotel room. I found this to be the case when I arrived at my room, the lower unit of a double-storey bungalow. The rattan furniture, a large bamboo-framed mirror and the wooden floors brought me back to the tropical holiday bungalows that my parents used to take me to back in the 90s.

From The Magazine,Sleep Inns,Expedia Hotels,Hotel Reviews,Travel 3Sixty,AirAsia,Inflight Magazine,Expedia Hotel,Philippines,Boracay,Boracay Island,Paradise Garden Resort Hotel & Convention Center Boracay

          Already in the holiday mood, I promptly deposited my luggage in my room and set off to explore Boracay’s beaches. Before doing so, I did a push-up or two in my last-minute attempt at getting a beach body. Not only was my room spacious enough for a quick calisthenics routine, I could’ve even hopped around with my skipping rope, with room to spare! Pumped and ready to go, I left for the beach.

From The Magazine,Sleep Inns,Expedia Hotels,Hotel Reviews,Travel 3Sixty,AirAsia,Inflight Magazine,Expedia Hotel,Philippines,Boracay,Boracay Island,Paradise Garden Resort Hotel & Convention Center Boracay,Tryst Bar

          Perhaps I’d overestimated my navigational abilities, as it wasn’t long before I was completely lost within the vast hotel grounds. I walked into Tryst Bar and Restaurant – one of the hotel’s eateries – and asked the wait staff for directions. Instead of merely pointing the way to the beach, the waiter walked me there, adding a personal touch to the whole experience.

          One advantage of staying in Paradise Garden is the direct connection from the hotel to the beach via its back entrance. This means fuss-free access to amenities including sunbeds, umbrellas and towels from the hotel’s beachfront area.

          Another great convenience is the Pirate’s Arm Bar and Restaurant, which is located right on the beach. Flanked by a bar and a pastry shop, it was the perfect place to satiate my hunger after a long swim.

         I found a table and tucked into the buffet dinner, which carried international staples such as sushi rolls, pasta, seafood, and bite-sized desserts. I put a dent in their food supply, but only partly due to my appetite and love for good food. The other reason was because dinner at the Pirate’s Arm was such a mesmerising affair.

SEE ALSOFrom Kalibo to Boracay – Easy Transfer to Island Paradise

         For starters, fire-dancers kept the night at bay with their blazing talent. Their performance was divided into acrobatic acts at the stage area and intricate twirling techniques reserved for table-to-table visits. After they’d packed up their chains and wicks, the live band was quick to take over. Live music has always been my personal favourite, which was why I probably stayed at Pirate’s Arm longer than I should have.

         I also noticed a structure towering high above the Pirate’s Arm. It was the G-Max, Boracay’s only reverse-bungee ride. I’d have given it a try if it weren’t for my full stomach. At least that’s what I told myself, because I probably wouldn’t have done it on an empty tummy either! I figured that if I still felt adventurous the next day, I’d settle for the less extreme but equally exciting activities available: helmet diving, parasailing, jet-skiing, fly-fishing, riding the banana boat or island hopping.

From The Magazine,Sleep Inns,Expedia Hotels,Hotel Reviews,Travel 3Sixty,AirAsia,Inflight Magazine,Expedia Hotel,Philippines,Boracay,Boracay Island,Paradise Garden Resort Hotel & Convention Center Boracay

         The resort’s tree-lined pathways, lit by hanging lanterns, made for a good stroll after dinner. The relaxing walk back to my room added to my reluctance to leave the next day. It was just so peaceful there. Despite my room’s proximity to the swimming pool and restaurant, all I could hear was the air-conditioner lulling me to sleep.

         The next day, I spent the final hours of my stay reading on the veranda of the Summer House. If there was a place to curl up with a book and a hot cup of coffee, this was definitely it. I left Paradise Garden with a heavy heart, and as I traded parting smiles with the friendly staff, I promised myself that I’d be back, hopefully for a much longer stay.

SEE ALSO: Download your FREE Awesome Philippines Travel Guide

PARADISE GARDEN RESORT HOTEL &CONVENTION CENTER BORACAY

Address: Station 3, Manggayad, Boracay Island

Search for flights, manage your booking and check-in on the go with the AirAsia mobile app. Download it now! airasia.com/apps

More gadget review in www.38today.com.
-->

Share this interesting post:

You might also interested in: