~ MamakTalk ~: 4 Tips for Taking Rockstar Photos with Your HTC One A9

2016年2月20日 星期六

4 Tips for Taking Rockstar Photos with Your HTC One A9



kenji_phototips

As far back as I can remember, my dad was always passionate about photography and it seemed everywhere we went, he brought his camera. Of course, when I was younger, I found this to be (read: very) annoying because it seemed that every five steps, he wanted me to stop to take another photo. Looking at it now though, I’m glad that he took the time to do this as I’m able to look at albums full of some of my favorite memories.

It might not be a surprise then that as a result of my experiences with my father, just like him, I now too love photography and seemingly everywhere I go, I want to stop to snap a photo. Unlike him however, instead of reaching for a standalone camera, I just reach for my HTC One A9─which in my honest opinion has a great camera.

Tips for taking better photos

People take photos to capture important moments that they want to be able to look back upon and for that reason, a few tips to help you get better captures:

1. Background too bright? Use HDR

When shooting a photo against a bright background, use HDR (High Dynamic Range) to capture your subject clearly. HDR brings out the details of both the highlights and shadows.

2. Take full control with Pro mode

If you want more control of how your photo is taken, use Pro mode. In Pro mode, you are able to adjust various controls like ISO, shutter speed, white balance exposure and file output. This is perfect with those who have experience working with a DSLR and would like to get the same level of control on the HTC One A9.

3. Take advantage of every camera mode

Beyond the default camera and the previously mentioned Pro Mode, the HTC One A9 has several other models to help you take the perfect photo at the perfect time. For more information about these modes, and to learn the best ways to use Pro Mode, take a look at the three-part tutorial we posted on the blog recently. [LINKS]

4. Learn these simple but effective photography techniques

If you ask any photographer, they’ll tell you that photography is as much about the person holding the camera as it is the camera itself. With that in mind, here are some techniques to help any photographer take better (and more interesting) photos:

  • Change the perspective of the subject: One of the easiest ways to take more interesting photos is change the aspect of the subject, whether that be the distance, angle, or something else. That’s because when people take photos, they typically all take similar shots so we’re used to seeing things from basically one perspective. But if you change one small thing about the photo (even if the subject is something that’s been seen several times already), it instantly makes it more interesting. That’s because people aren’t used to seeing things from a different perspective. Try playing with distance, spacing, and angles to start. For example, shoot the subject from a low or high angle.
  • Take multiple shots: I believe in the law of averages when it comes to photography. That is to say, if I take lots of photos of the subject, one of them is bound to turn out pretty good. But if I only take one photo of the subject, I only have that one photo and that’s okay if the image turns out to be great. In my experience though, the first image I take of something is rarely the best one.
  • Fill the Frame (and then don’t): When I see pictures on the Facebook, a lot of them are pretty boring. That’s because the subjects of the shot don’t fill the fame; that is, there is a lot of extra space around the subject that serves no purpose. If instead, the photographer were to fill more of the frame with the subject, it would be much more interesting to the viewer.

That’s it for my tips for taking better photographs with the HTC One A9. What did I miss? Do you have any tips to share? Let me know in the comments section.

The post 4 Tips for Taking Rockstar Photos with Your HTC One A9 appeared first on HTC Blog.

Exclusive Car Review at www.automoview.com
-->

Share this interesting post:

You might also interested in: